Pear & Red Oolong Vodka Martini
Anna's take on a very fall appropriate tea cocktail. We made this during our 2nd Anniversary Celebration event a few weeks ago and everyone loved it saying it was as good, if not better, than some of the drinks they've had at craft cocktail bars. It's aromatic, creamy and bursting with sweetness from the pear and roasted oolong tea.
Switch out the vodka for club soda for an equally delicious non-alcoholic drink. We're confident either version will be a big hit at holiday parties or a chill night in!
makes one drink
- 4 oz Red Oolong tea concentrate
- 2 oz Red Oolong-infused vodka
- 1.5 oz pear + ginger simple syrup
- a dash of yuzu juice, preferably (or lemon juice)
- optional: a thin slice of your favorite pear for garnish
Assemble The Cocktail
- To make a tea concentrate: Steep 5g of Red Oolong tea with 4 oz of hot water. Strain after 5 mins.
- Shake first 4 ingredients with ice
- Strain + pour into glass with ice
- Garnish with a thin slice of your favorite pear or a lemon wedge
Red Oolong-Infused Vodka
makes ~25 cocktails
Ingredients + Instructions
- 1 bottle of vodka
- 10g Red Oolong tea
- Add the dry Red Oolong tea leaves directly into the vodka
- Allow the vodka to infuse for 2 to 18 hours on your countertop. The longer it steeps, the stronger the tea flavor. No heating is necessary. Shake or stir occasionally.
- Strain the tea from the alcohol, discard leaves
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to use it!
Pear + Ginger Simple Syrup
makes 2 cups or ~10 cocktails
- 2 pears, sliced (we recommend a mix of Bosc and Bartlett pears)
- 1 cup sugar (we prefer cane sugar)
- 1 cup water
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2 tsp minced ginger (we love our friends at Vân Vân's Sparrow Ginger for maximum flavor and sweetness with a bit of a spicy kick!)
- Add all the ingredients into a small pot
- Bring to a boil and lower heat
- Simmer for 10 minutes, turn off stovetop
- Allow to cool before straining
The syrup should last in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. We also love adding the syrup into a glass with ice and topping it off with club soda instead of vodka for a very tasty non-alcoholic drink!
After straining out the syrup, we highly recommend reserving the pears for other uses because it'd be such a waste to not. The pears are so delicious over yogurt, ice cream, or muddled into other beverages!
Recipe by: Anna Ye
Disclaimer: We're not affiliated or sponsored by Vân Vân. We're simply big fans of their premium, single origin Vietnamese spices and herbs, and want to share them with you!